Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce

>> Sunday, January 25, 2009


I have a tasty sauce to tell you about today. The nice folks at Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce sent me a couple of bottles to try out. They have a lot of great recipes that you can try out at their website www.countrybobs.com . Being the avid grillers and cookers that we are, we decided to try to incorporate the sauce into some everyday cooking. I think the real test of a product is whether or not it can become a staple in your cooking.



I am happy to report that Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce is going to be a permanent addition to our kitchen pantry! We first tried out the sauce on a couple of steaks. We didn’t do anything special with the steaks. We simply marinated in Country Bob’s for about ½ hour and then grilled them up (indoors, as it was 11 degrees outside). The sauce went great with the beef. The sauce has a light barbeque flavor, but also has a nice tang of citrus. Overall, it is a rather sweet flavorful sauce without a lot of heat. A few nights later, my husband got creative and mixed some Country Bob’s with a little soy sauce. He browned up the flank steak and in a pan with butter, garlic, and some other spices. Next he poured the Country Bob’s sauce over the meat and placed a lid over the pan. This cooking method kept the juices in the meat. After resting, the steak was sliced and served over some long grain rice. Flank steak is tricky and can be very tough and chewy. The flank steak came out tender, juicy, and flavorful.



While I have to give credit where credit is due, my husband is a great cook, I also want to recommend that you try out Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce. The sauce is delicious as a dipping sauce but also works great for cooking. We next plan to try it out with a nice pork loin. I think the hints of citrus and sweet undertones will go great with pork. In fact, I think that this is a very versatile sauce that will go great with most types of meat, poultry, and fish. Go out and experiment and let me know what you think. Me? I give it a two-thumb’s up.

0 comments:

Thanks for reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP