Light the Night for Blood Cancer Awareness

>> Thursday, August 14, 2008

So, I am outa shape like many of you. Kudos to those who have not abandonned their workout regime like I have. But... even with my wonky hip I can walk. Today, I recommend that you go to http://www.friendsofheroes.org/walker-resources/ to learn about how you can participate in a local Light the Night Walk for blood cancer. The site will tell you how to get sponsors, organize your own walk, or join up with a planned walk. Trust me, there is a walk coming to your town soon. Let's raise some money folks!

Oh, and last night I was discussing the wonderful "Blogging for Blood Cancer" even with my husband, and he reminded me that he once helped to diagnose blood cancers. He is a cytotechnologist, meaning, he diagnoses cancer cells for a living. He looks at them under a microscope and determines if they are "sick". When he first started out in this field, he worked at a hospital that was developing it's blood cancer diagnosis unit. I am so proud of him and his work toward saving lives.

2 comments:

Goodies for Mom August 15, 2008 at 8:22 AM  

Thank you so much for your continued support!!! And thank you to your husband for his part in helping too!

Mom August 17, 2008 at 7:47 AM  

Light the Night is such a humbling experience. Walking in the dusk w/all those glowing red & white balloons is a sight you'll never forget. :)

Thanks for reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP