Blood Cancer Awareness

>> Monday, August 11, 2008

Today is the day... Blogging for Blood Cancer has begun. My frequent readers have noticed the button posted on my blog for a while now, but today I want to actually talk about this cause. I am so impressed by the blogging community for getting involved. Check out the blog at http://www.friendsofheroes.org/blog for more info. All forms of cancer are scary, and maybe not fun to talk about, but it is through awareness that our funding dollars and resources get channeled to the researchers who are making a difference. On a personal note, when I was a little girl, I had some bloodwork done to figure out why I kept getting sick. This was back in the early 70's and research has taken leaps and bounds since then. Well, the lab came back with some scary results. The doctor called my mom and told her that I might have Leukemia. Several blood tests later they determined that I did not have this frightening disease, but to this day, I remember how just the possibility was enough to profoundly effect my family. I can only imagine how brave the families of folks with this disease must be. Let's help them out folks. Talk, blog, read, discuss... we have a lot of power by just spreading the word.

2 comments:

Goodies for Mom August 11, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

Thank you so much for helping us raise awareness for this important cause!!!!

Jen August 11, 2008 at 4:55 PM  

Just stopping by to visit with the other Blood Cancer Awareness participants. Thanks for doing your part! I'm glad to hear that your results were negative. Have a great week!

Thanks for reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP